Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Strange Chips

I enjoyed this negotiation, if for no other reason, than the overabundace of figures and options. Dawn and I actually came to the perfect agreement. I took the right path (even if it wasn't for the correct reason) in looking to make the most amount of money for both divisions. I knew that my division was getting "free" technology, so I figured it would be ok to split profits 50/50 with Dawns division .. since they took the initial risk while we sat around. Therefore, I negotiated a deal that would use the 2nd highest option - one that would gain to beifit us both to the tune of 6 million dollars. Turns out, this was very good because the point of the negotiation was to make the most overall money for the company as a whole. I didn't base my arguments on that, but it worked out perfectly.

No comments: