Monday, October 22, 2007

The War Game

The War Game was a game in which each team had 20 playing cards - that they could place in a armed position or unarmed position. I came up with my teams strategy. This included turning ALL cards to armed and then call for battle by the 3rd or 4th turn so that we could not lose. At very worst we would tie, but if the opposing team left any unarmed during their turns ... we would win. I came up with this strategy because I was under the impression that for us to "win", we were to "beat" the other team. However, it turned out that my definition of winning was wrong, and my team figured this out by the 3rd round. At that point, I went outside to negotiate with Nicola and I told her that the game's point was for both teams to unarm so we could then all get money from the bank after the 7th turn. I told her that we promised to not attack at all, if her and Dawn would promise the same thing. That way, we could all unarm and get more money. However, I guess they thought I was bluffing. We began to unarm while they still armed ... and then they attacked - which was a violation of our treaty. I'm not sure how I could have been more convincing that we were telling the truth when we created that reaty for us and them.

I still ate a good Quizno's sandwhich with the money I gained from the war though. :)

No comments: